The ICCMO India Section became the 8th section of ICCMO (International College of Craniomandibular Orthopedics) on 30th March 2017 in Buenos Aires during its 19th International Congress. The First Annual General Body Meeting of ICCMO India Section for its official launch was held at the Cosmopolitan Club, Jayanagar, Bangalore on Sunday, 13th August 2017. The 22 founder members from all over India met with a single goal to pursue and spread awareness about the physiology of occlusion through Neuromuscular Dentistry and Biometrics. The constitution was adopted; the organization registration process was formulated, and the first team of board members for the organization was approved.
Dr.Rajesh Raveendranathan was unanimously elected as the President while Dr.Tatu Joy E & Dr.Girish P.V were elected as the Vice Presidents. Dr.Asha Rajesh and Dr.Nihal Korambayil will be the Honorary Secretary & Assistant Secretary respectively. Dr. Aishwarrya Chandran was appointed the Executive Director. The treasurer is Dr. Shankar and the executive members are Dr.Imthiyas [Chennai], Dr.Abhimanyu [Delhi] & Dr.Arun [Bangalore].
Dr.Tatu welcomed the audience and Dr.Rajesh Raveendranathan, was adorned the President’s collar by Dr.Tatu. Dr. Rajesh spoke on how ICCMO India should formulate a protocol to help create awareness among doctors and patients alike about the importance of occlusion and its relationship with airway, posture, sleep, and general well-being. Dentists should stop considering themselves as just “mechanical tooth-doctors”. Dr. Girish delivered the vote of thanks and adjourned the meeting after the official formalities were completed.
For over thirty-five years, the International College of Craniomandibular Orthopaedics (ICCMO) has been the global voice of scientific advancement and education in occlusion, neuromuscular dentistry, and TMJ/TMD diagnosis and treatment. Learn more about our mission and history.
The College was created as a non-commercial, non-profit organization to provide an open forum for the free exchange of ideas, practices, and research in the field of neuromuscular dentistry in an atmosphere of camaraderie and professionalism. ICCMO is a society of health care professionals with a common interest in the anatomy and physiology of dental occlusion, jaw function and orthopedic dysfunction (TMJ/TMD) with resultant symptoms in the head and neck. ICCMO is a professional organization committed to helping dentists better treat occlusion and TMJ/TMD pain patients using science-based technology and techniques utilizing state of the art biomedical instrumentation.
2nd ICCMO-INDIA Congress 2020 - 5 day online conference 26th and 27th September & 2nd to 4th October
in association with ICCMO Russia-Speakers
SCHEDULE FOR THE SECOND ICCMO AIRWAY CONGRESS
(All times are in IST – Indian Standard Time)
26th SEPTEMBER SATURDAY
1) 5.30 PM – Inaugural Address – Dr. Rajesh Raveendranathan (President, ICCMO India)
2) 6.00 PM – Dr. Rajesh Raveendranathan - Introduction to NM sleep for the Dentist
3) 7.15 PM – Dr. Konstantin Ronkin - The Sleep Epidemic
4) 8.30 PM – Dr. Effath Yasmin - The Mechanics of Breastfeeding : The Fundamental Architecture of the Infant Airway.
5) 9.45 PM – Dr. Stanislav Blum - Orthodontics in Sleep
27th SEPTEMBER SUNDAY
1) 6.00 PM – Dr. Shifa Arshad - The Mighty Tongue and The Tiny String : The Story of The Evolution of Preventive Pediatric Dentistry
2) 7.00 PM – Dr. Kelly Wells - Chiropractory and Osteopathy in Airway Disorders
3) 8.30 PM – Mr. Bryan Ferre - Breathing Wellness
4) 9.45 PM – Dr. Tammarie Heit - The DNA Appliance
2ND OCTOBER FRIDAY
3:00PM - Webinar room opens
4:00PM - Untying Breastfeeding the documentary by Ms. Effath Yasmin
5:00PM - Ms. Effath Yasim- The mechanics of Breastfeeding. The fundamental architecture of the infant airway.
6:00PM - Ms. Julia Worall - Medical issues, dental solutions.
8:00PM - Dr. Darick Nordstrom - ALF: The simplest answer to Airway Expansion
11:00PM - Closing note by Dr. Girish PV
3rd OCTOBER SATURDAY
1) 6.00 PM – Dr. Sonia Matic - Confusion by protrusion? Is Neuromuscular bite the Solution?
2) 7.15 PM – Dr. Kalina Borska - Implanto-prosthetic Protocols for Patients with OSA, Bruxism and TMD Symptoms in Consideration of the Airway
3) 8.30 PM – Dr. Uttam Aggarwal - An ENT Perspective in Obstructive Sleep Apnoea.
4) 9.45 PM – Dr. Atul Sattur – MRIs in Craniofacial Pain
4TH OCTOBER SUNDAY
1) 5.00 PM – Mr. Cole Clayton - Improving Breathing, Improving Outcomes
2) 6.30 PM – Dr Girish P V – MSE Orthodontic Expansion
3) 7.30 PM – Dr. Tatu Joy - Radiology Immanent TMD and Emphasis on CBCT Airway Assessments
4) 8.15 PM – Dr. Tatu Joy (VP, ICCMO India) - Closing Remarks and Vote of Thanks.